8/29/14

Play Dough

Our first experiment with play dough was a huge success! I didn't actually want to buy it because I wasn't sure that he would actually enjoy it, and plus it turns out it is super easy to make. I used the recipe from here. It literally took less than 5 minutes to mix up and then you just had to wait for it to cool. I actually made it all while on the phone with my sister. So, you should definitely give it a try.
Also we leave for camping today and I am so very excited for this trip! Wish us luck and that Andy doesn't give himself any more injuries!

Play Dough
1 cup water
2 tablespoons canola oil (original recipe calls for vegetable oil but I didn't have any)
1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
food coloring (enough to get the color you want)


  1. Heat water and oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add in the remaining ingredients. Lightly stir together to combine. It will be very clumpy.
  2. Cook, stirring constantly until it forms a ball, about 3-5 minutes. 
  3. Remove dough from pan and place on plate to cool.
  4. Once cool, knead the dough.


No comments:

Post a Comment