8/15/14

Beaver Creek: Part One

This past weekend we went camping and decided to give Beaver Creek Campground a try and it was fantastic. The campground was smaller than most which translated into a more quiet campground. Except for the birds, I was not a fan of those. There were two owls (that were possibly in mating season) who would screech through the night with this terrible noise and they continued until at least 3 am. And then the crows would start and it sounded like small children screaming at the top of their lungs. Needless to say, I did not sleep well on the first night, but I was so exhausted by the second night that I slept pretty great.
Besides these demon birds the trip was surprisingly relaxing. Charlie absolutely was beside himself with joy. He loved climbing on all the fallen trees, exploring with his cousins, and just being able to get dirty. I am very excited to go again in a few weeks now that I know it is not as stressful as I had imagined.
First thing he did was play with the grates over the fire pits.
Line loves to hold her baby sister, but Arden doesn't quite enjoy it yet
Babies in the morning are one of my favorite things

No comments:

Post a Comment