10/8/13

Pumpkin Pound Cake



Now, neither Andy or I are huge fans of pumpkin things. I decided to get a can of pureed pumpkin to see if Charlie would eat it and also to try my hand at a few things pumpkin. Well, it turns out that Charlie was not a big fan of it so I ended up with a whole can of pumpkin to try and use up. I did make some Pumpkin Oatmeal cookies that were delicious and then I found this recipe for Pumpkin Pound Cake. It turned out great! I didn't have an hour to bake the cake so I ended up putting the batter in two pans rather than one and baking for half the time, but it still tasted wonderful. I also made some Pumpkin Pancakes this morning and they turned out quite delicious as well. Maybe I've been missing out on something wonderful? 

Pumpkin Pound Cake (Adapted from this recipe)

1 1/2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Fat Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt
3 Egg Whites
1 cup Canned Pumpkin
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Whisk together the sugar, egg whites, and yogurt until well combined. Then stir in the pumpkin.
  3. Once that is combined add the dry ingredients. Mix well.
  4. Pour batter into a greased bread pan and bake for 60 minutes. (I didn't have an hour to bake the cake so I split the batter into two pans and baked for half the time).

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever tried making the pumpkin rolls? They are easy and really yummy!

    ReplyDelete