11/5/13

Pomegranate Orange Scones

I really had been wanting to get a pomegranate ever since I saw a video on how to properly cut them open and eat them. The only other time that I've actually had one was in grade school when a teacher brought one in for everyone to try. I don't actually remember the taste of it at all but I was convinced that I would love it. And you know, it was pretty good, but I could only eat a few of the seeds before I didn't want anymore. So I had to find something to do with them, so of course I turned to Pinterest and found this recipe. And it was amazing! I think that it is my favorite scone recipe ever. I don't know how often I'll actually make this since pomegranates are kind of expensive, but I definitely will add orange to the next one. 

Pomegranate Orange Scones (adapted from this recipe)

1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Pomegranate Seeds
1 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Zest of a large Orange
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

  1. Sift your dry ingredients together into a medium sized bowl.
  2. Add the cream and vanilla; mix until well combined.
  3. Add the pomegranate seeds and zest and mix.
  4. Put the dough onto a lightly floured surface and make into a circle then slice into 8 pie shape slices. Spread the slices out onto parchment paper on a baking sheet.
  5. Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
  6. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment