2/11/14

Maple Oatmeal Scones and Homemade Mascarpone



Last week I decided that I really wanted a scone and I had pinned this recipe a while ago and decided to give it a shot. It was pretty delicious. The only thing was that it was a bit too salty, but I did use salted butter and I'm assuming she did not, so next time I would just drop the salt to like 1/4 teaspoon. Also I didn't have any buttermilk, but I used this technique and it worked perfectly. But they were wonderful and I definitely want to make them again.
The next thing on my list was homemade mascarpone cheese! I have been wanting to make cheese for a while but I just never had the ingredients (rennet specifically). I know that I should just get some and give it a try but this mascarpone recipe only called for cream and lemon juice! It was so easy! I used it in a baked mac & cheese recipe and it was wonderful, didn't taste any different than when we used store bought. The only thing I did differently was not leave it for the second night, because when I twisted the cheesecloth to get more moisture out, there was none. End of story, you should all try these two things, maybe not together, but you should try them.




No comments:

Post a Comment