1/7/14

Carrot Soup

I am definitely in my pajamas. And it is definitely past two o'clock. But, you know what? I'm ok with that. I've done some chores and made some granola and did some homework. So I'd say that I've been rather productive in my pajamas. But anyways, this post is actually about this amazing carrot soup that I've fallen in love with. It's super simple and super delicious. The original recipe called for some other spices that I don't ever have on hand and I didn't think it was missing anything. So, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Plus it's awesome as leftovers, especially for soup. No clumping stuff out, just pour and reheat. Yum. It was definitely my lunch.

Carrot Soup (slightly adapted from this recipe)

8-10 unpeeled carrots, washed and sliced
1 yellow onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
6 cups of chicken stock
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon thyme
1 1/2 teaspoon dill
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper

  1. Saute onion in oil until golden brown. Add the garlic and cook for a minute longer.
  2. Add carrots, stock, and spices. Bring to a boil then simmer on low for 45 minutes.
  3. Add the heavy cream and let simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
  4. In either a blender or with an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment