9/10/13

Grandma's Simple Granola

This granola is the best recipe, simply because it is so dang simple. The ingredients are not crazy and the result is delicious. This is a very basic recipe so you can add whatever you'd like and I'm sure it would be just as delicious. I think my next batch will have some cinnamon in it for fall. Yum. This recipe makes about 2 gallon sized zip lock bags full. It's quite a bit, I think I'll make a half batch next time but since I haven't tried the other ratios out I thought I would just put the whole thing up here. Andy's grandma makes this and it is his absolute favorite. He won't even try any other granola because to him it will always taste inferior. I hope you like it just as much as we do!

Granola
1 cup Canola Oil
1 cup Honey
8 cups Old Fashion Oatmeal
2 cups Sliced Almonds
1 cup Chopped Pecans
2 cups Wheat Germ

1. Preheat the oven to 325. Heat the oil and honey for 1 minute in the microwave.
2. Mix all the ingredients together.
3. Bake, uncovered, for two 10 minute intervals; stirring after each interval. Then stir in 5 minute intervals until done (about 40 minutes total). It will seem pretty soft and chewy at first but it does harden when it cools.

No comments:

Post a Comment