(Burnt) Dehydrated Strawberries

Last year I got a (new to me) dehydrator from Andy's family farm. I used it for apples and they worked pretty good. So, when my dad picked me about 5 pounds of strawberries I thought it would be the perfect time to experiment with it! I simply rinsed and sliced them and then stuck them on the dehydrator racks. I ended up dehydrating them a bit too long and then ended up tasting a little burnt :( I had tried them when they were eight hours in, but I thought they needed more time so I left them in there for another four or five hours and they were crispy, but had a hint of burnt flavor. What a bummer. Oh well, it was worth a shot. I'll have to try it with just a few strawberries next time.

In unrelated news, Charlie is doing so good at sitting up!

No comments:

Post a Comment